The Gujarat state government has launched “NAMO” or “New Avenues of Modern Education through Tablets” for college students. The aim of the scheme is to distribute e-TAB tablets to around 3.5 lakh college students at a cost of Rs. 1,000 per tablet. In a step ahead to fulfil the dream of Digital India by our honourable prime Minister and empower students with access to knowledge and digital learning. The state government has allocated Rs 200 crore for the scheme in the budget.
Under the scheme, the government will provide 7-inch NAMO e-TAB for the first year college students.This scheme has been started keeping in view the students of the middle class and poor sections. The actual price of tablet is Rs. 8,000 in the market but the Gujarat government is providing tablets at only Rs. 1000 to the students, rest amount will be paid by the state govt. as subsidy.
Namo Tablet Yojana Gujarat
Name of Scheme – Namo Tablet Yojana Gujarat 2017
Launched By- CM Vijay Rupani
Scheme Launch Date- 11th Aug 2017
How to Apply for NAMO e-Tablet Scheme Gujarat:
The only eligibility criteria to get NAMO Tablet is that students must have passed the class XII and have secured admission in first year college.
Interested student have to apply for tablets in their respective college at the time of admission. The students have to pay Rs. 1000 in college as the cost of the tablet.
The college authority will maintain the record of applications for the tablets. After completing the all procedure, the college authority has to coordinate with the concerned department of Govt. of Gujarat for the distribution of tablets to the students.
For More Details Visit the Official Website
NAMO Tablet Features & Scheme Benefit Details :
- Lenovo and Acer will be the two suppliers for the tablets.
- The tablets will likely have 1GB RAM and 8GB internal memory.
- One year warranty on the tablet is provided.
- The state government has allocated Rs 200 crore for the scheme in the budget.
- The government will spend Rs 200 crores on this and Rs 30 crores from the tab will also be spent on school, college and university campuses on Wi-Fi, e-class, e-lecture, e-library etc on the facility.
For more details Download the given PDF below